HR & Office Coordinator
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design (including a Red Dot Award) , and we’ve been recognized as one of the UK’s top 33 start-ups by TechCityUK, named one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following the its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and our playful launch video (featuring cows and a custom soundtrack - go check it out) set the headlines alight!
Why you should join us:
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
We plan to have four products on the market by 2020. This is a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
What you will do
We're looking for an HR & Office Coordinator to join our growing team at Elvie in 2019. You’ll be responsible for the smooth operation and running of our HQ in London. We’re planning to double in size by the end of 2019, so this is great opportunity to grow and develop with the business.
You’ll spearhead office culture, ensure the team has everything they need to operate, and get creative to make Elvie’s office a great place to work. You’re a proactive self-starter who will regularly use their initiative and act independently to solve problems and make decisions. You'll have interaction with of a variety internal stakeholders which requires a capable individual, ready and willing to wear many hats, you will be challenged in different ways every day.
You’ll be smart, energetic and efficient; always getting stuck in to ensure the office runs smoothly. You will also be confident in your own ability and can work with, and for, people at all levels. If you're ultra-organised, able to solve problems before they become problems and great at getting stuff done this could be a brilliant, challenging and rewarding position.
In this role, attitude, competencies, organisation and people-skills are our most important considerations. This is a fantastic opportunity for a meticulous and energetic candidate willing to take on a hands-on role!
- Being the first point of contact for all external visitors
- Managing our external building partnerships including our cleaners, facilities suppliers, fit-out contractors, security, and liaising with our landlords/building management
- Sourcing new suppliers and vendors
- Being our internal voice and main point of contact for all internal communications and events
- Central point of contact on managing all activities related to our office move in 2019, including agency recruitment/selection, office scouting and fit-out planning.
- Acting as a knowledge hub for the team, able to support with the day to day operation across the business
- Leading/helping to organize company events and socials (e.g. including Summer/Christmas parties)
- Office security: Lead on office security ensuring that we have the optimal security in place
- Monitor and manage stationery, snacks and the drinks fridge
- Coordination of office Health & Safety
- Think creatively about in office activities for the team and use your creative edge to ensure our office is the best possible environment for all our staff
- IT Equipment management
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Manage repair and improvement projects in the office
- General upkeep, ensure the office remains clean and tidy via our cleaning services, and is in compliance with Health & Safety
- Organising and taking charge of supplies and deliveries to the office
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Answer the office phone directing calls where appropriate
- Act as in office support for the CEO’s remote assistant
- Ad hoc support for the Executive Team
- Coordination of overseas travel and visas for the team
Human Resources Support
- Keep HR systems up to date with employee data
- Coordinating the onboarding (and off-boarding) of employees and arranging necessary training for new starters
- Write and manage formal communications including contracts and offer letters
- Support with visa applications for team members
- Administration of benefits
- Other projects as required
- 3+ years experience working within an office environment in a similar role
- Experience in acting as the “face” of a company, welcoming guests
- A 'people person' who can work with a diverse range of personalities and 'add to' rather than 'fit with' our culture
- Experience managing sensitive personal data with high levels of discretion and confidentiality
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Familiarity working with G-suite and Microsoft Office packages
- Achieved a 2:1 in your degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you’ll love working with people at all levels with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Excellent communicator both written and oral
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to adapt to changing workloads
- You’re willing to get stuck-in, delivering on a range of tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to working
- Competitive base salary with regular review
- Share options
- Discretionary bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Dog friendly office
- The chance to have real world impact
- Regular company socials and snacks
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!