Product Designer / Product Design Engineer
Who we are
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design (including a Red Dot Award), and in 2017 alone Elvie was recognized as one of the UK’s top 33 start-ups by TechCityUK, named one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and our playful launch video (featuring cows and a custom soundtrack - go check it out) set the headlines alight!
We are looking for an intelligent full-time Product Designer to join our multi-award winning R&D team.
Who you are
You are a Product Designer with a passion for solving problems and following solid design process. You are mechanically inclined with an eye for elegant, usable products and are enthused by the idea of working in a company revolutionizing product markets. If you are someone who is creative but process driven, enjoys conceptual and detailed design & execution, product testing and relentlessly driving products into production, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do
- Collaborate with teams across the business to develop reliable products with real world impact
- Collaborate and own all stages of the design process from project scoping, basic concepts and proof of principle rigs through to production representative prototypes, engineering builds and mass production.
- Split time between investigating new products and supporting current product lines.
- Develop test methods to test products and prototypes logically and in a repeatable manner.
- Apply your knowledge of production technology, materials and finishes to challenge constraints and push boundaries of current designs.
- Design documentation ownership & control.
- Engineering drawings & tolerance analysis.
- Tracking budgets & report writing.
- Degree in Product Design Engineering or similar.
- Appreciation for all stakeholders involved in new product development.
- 3+ years of industry design experience.
- Experience using 3D CAD (preferred Solidworks experience).
- Proven ability to manage medium sized assemblies.
- Experience of rapid prototyping and manual workshop prototyping.
- Experience of far east manufacturing (or a willingness to learn - some travel will be required).
- Effectively be able to work across teams with different decisions makers.
- You are a self starter with great visual and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Competitive base salary plus generous bonus
- Early stage share options in a rapidly growing business
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- The chance to develop products with real world impact
- Career progression and regular performance reviews
- Employee referral program
- Part time opportunities & childcare vouchers
- Regular company socials
- MacBook Pro
- As much tea and coffee as you can consume
- Dice Night (Beer Tuesdays!)
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!