Head of Sales, U.S.
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B from IPGL, Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Why you should join us
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
This is absolutely a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
In the U.S., Elvie has been successfully selling our products direct to consumer via Elvie.com and through several top-tier Retailers. We've historically been managing this market through our team based in London with frequent U.S. travel. Given the size of the market and phenomenal growth to date, it's become clear that the U.S. will continue to be crucial to our future growth and that to fully maximise the opportunity, it will necessitate the building of a local U.S. based operation. After we closed our Series B in April 2019, we agreed to set up our U.S. physical presence and open our first office in New York City. We are now building the U.S. team which will initially consist of a General Manager, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, and PR. Once the team is in place, we expect it to further grow and evolve as needed.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales to spear-head the next stage of aggressive growth for Elvie in the US. Working in partnership with the global team in London and reporting to the US General Manager (with a dotted line to Global Sales), this person will build, lead, develop and execute the US Sales strategy across both our existing and future categories. This will be our first Sales hire in the US, and this person will have the opportunity to build and grow a team.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in the world and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
Sales Strategy & Plans
P&L / Financial Management
Research and Insight
Building and Leading Teams
- 8+ years’ experience in senior sales roles within a top-tier consumer-packaged goods company
- Working knowledge of key U.S. national accounts (e.g. Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc) is essential
- Experience in working with startups is a plus
- Experience running a team, leading, developing and coaching people
- Experience owning/running a category P&L and working with all functions across the business – sales/operations/finance to drive the category agendas.
- Experience in launching new products successfully
- Experience working with Marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- Go-getter attitude and commitment to driving forward conversations around women’s health and bodies
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- High amount of travel within the US and some foreign travel periodically to London (corporate headquarters)
- University degree (with MBA a plus)