Global Head of Creative & Design
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B from IPGL, Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures bringing the total raised thus far to over $50 million. Our Series B represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
This is absolutely a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We're looking for a visionary and inspirational Global Head of Creative & Design to lead all aspects of brand design communications and content worldwide. This is a crucial hire representing our first global creative head in the business. This is a hands-on role that will have tremendous impact on the direction and success of the brand going forward. We’re planning to double in size by the end of 2019, so this is a great opportunity to grow and develop with the business and make a tremendous impact on the future success of the organisation.
You are excited about being the Elvie brand guardian (working closely with Marketing) who wants to build an exhilarating global brand, one that is set up to deliver incredible business results. You will be responsible for driving the brand creative and visual communications across all aspects of our business:
● Develop and maintain corporate visual branding and identity, brand guidelines and brand literature with the Marketing team
● Work on product packaging communications and content (inside and outside the box) with the Product team
● Digital paid media advertising
● Build Elvie.com with the Digital product and marketing teams
● Manage the Elvie online visual presence with our Retailers (eg Amazon, Target, John Lewis, etc)
● Develop Elvie's physical visual presence at retail with In-Store Retail Point of Sale (including POS toolkits)
● Work with the Digital product team on app visual design and content
● Oversee production of Elvie’s brand content activity in-line with the brand strategy for PR, POS, social media and digital, both photography and video.
● Plan and execute ad campaigns (in conjunction with our Ad agency, Mother)
Of critical importance is a strong leader that can be the Elvie brand guardian (with Marketing) in order to build a strong, consistent global brand, that is set up to deliver strong business results.
- Build, develop and mentor the central global Creative team to ensure the highest standard of execution and ideas
- Lead the creation of original concepts and designs
- Liaise with our external advertising agency for global campaigns, inputting on external photographic shoots, retouching and any design work created outside of the internal creative studio
- Own brand layout
- Lead the production of high quality, print ready artwork including; Global Marketing Tool Kits, education/marketing materials, and internal communications
- Working on behalf of multiple internal stakeholders, own the planning, art direction and delivery of:
- Long and short-form video content for online and offline touch points to support product launches, always-on and topical/reactive activity layers (hero, hub, hygiene).
- Produce, art direct and edit how-to videos, stills, GIFs, short videos, and reportage for use across a variety of channels, with sensitivity to local market needs.
- Be reactive to social moments and create content accordingly.
- Produce product photography, both campaign and always-on, in-line with the photography guidelines and strategy
- Lead on the communications and ideal design of Elvie in-store point of sale for use with retailers globally
- Ensure Elvie.com is the ultimate destination
- Collaborate with the Product department, inputting on each other’s work to create synergy through design in the business – from product through to campaign
- Evolve and champion Elvie’s brand Guidelines
- Influence and lead digital creative to ensure consistency of brand voice and synergy throughout a campaign journey
- Research the market, instigate creative discussions, briefings and brainstorms with all areas of the business
- Maintain awareness of the creative industry, trends and styles
- Ensure all work is delivered on time and in full by critical deadlines
- Have influence & impact on all members of the business to ensure great working relationships – developing and learning with the business.
- Encourage design-led thinking over corporate-led thinking, pushing boundaries and challenging ‘the norm’ of what the business has done before
- Build a strong creative team with the foundations to grow as the business grows – with the goal of eventually bringing all agency work in-house, where applicable.
- 10+ years experience working in creative with top tier consumer brands (in-house experience a plus)
- 3+ years experience in effectively managing people/teams
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CS; Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Excellent understanding of typography, imagery and graphical treatments
- Proved experience in photographic and motion Art Direction
- Digital understanding a must, with digital design capabilities an advantage
- An inspirational and creative leader with a passion for brands and design of all channels
- Organised with a strong ability to plan and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to non-moveable deadlines
- Multi-tasker, capable of juggling a number of priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness – understanding the importance of marketing needs and consumer insights which are key to the success of all communications
- Ability to manage the team from concept to completion with strong leadership
- Ability to manage performance, coaching and mentoring team members
- The skill to build a strong team around you to support successful delegation of responsibilities and key tasks
- Understanding and adopting effective situational leadership
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present at executive/Board level
- Ability to motivate and influence others at every level, including senior executives