Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design (including a Red Dot Award) , and in 2017 alone Elvie was recognized as one of the UK’s top 33 start-ups by TechCityUK, named one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
Why you should join us
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
We plan to have four products on the market by 2020. This is a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We are looking for a digital designer with genuine enthusiasm for the products who will contribute as a core member of our digital team. Is this you?What you will do
As a designer at Elvie, you will create on brand and exciting designs for our website and e-commerce capabilities. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll lead the design of new app features for new and existing products as well as working to improve the design of our existing ones. You’ll work with our Product and Marketing teams on innovative connected products, mobile apps and web projects. You will work in an environment where developing first-class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is the goal.
Who you are
- You're a designer with at least 5 years of design for digital products: apps and web with a solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- You understand user interface design
- Strong understanding of branding and can analyse existing designs to ensure continual improvement
- You can develop new design concepts using prototyping tools (Marvel, Invision, XD or similar)
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite package of applications, specifically Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience of Sketch, Figma or similar design tools that aid cooperation and hand-off with a development team
- Enjoy problem-solving and possess the ability to translate business problems into creative and compelling visual solutions
- The idea of working within a successful startup in a fast-paced role excites you
- An eye for user behaviour and the ability to think like a user, not just a designer
- Experience of UX design, thinking in flows
- Animation capabilities, using After Effects or similar
- An understanding of accessibility
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Experience of design sprints
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
- Competitive base salary with regular review
- Share options
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Dog friendly office
- The chance to have real world impact
- Regular company socials and snacks