Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B led by IPGL and supported by Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures. This represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Why you should join us?
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
This is absolutely a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
What you will do
Reporting to the Finance Director and with the support of an Accounts Assistant, the Financial Controller will build, manage and run the financial control function as the business accelerates across multiple product lines and international jurisdictions.
- Leading on operational finance including transaction posting and coding, FX and cash management, and credit recovery.
- Owning month-end including AP/ AR and GL processes
- Preparing monthly reporting packs, comparing and analysing delta to budget
- Supervising the accounting department to streamline vendor payment processes and improve the financial health of the company
- Acting as the primary go to person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities
- Reviewing corporate balance sheets reconciliations and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the executive team
- Collaborating with the HR to ensure that payroll is executed properly
- Completing of the supporting schedules / balance sheet reconciliations (intangible assets, foreign exchange, intercompany etc)
- Liaising with the external firms such as auditors, HRMC & tax partners
- Researching accounting treatments and writing papers on expected impact to the firm
- Coordinating the preparation of statutory accounts for all entities in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Participating in the development of Chiaro’s taxation strategy
- Ensuring execution of the plan and compliance with all taxes submissions and payments
- Supporting the Finance Director in forecasting activities, and other adhoc projects including business casing, fundraising, board reporting, and implementation of new ERP & BI tools.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- 5+ years post-qualified experience in financial accounting, consolidations and reporting experience
- US/APAC experience desirable
- Retail/ecommerce experience desirable
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can build something from the ground up
- Desire to learn fast and challenge yourself
- Be confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment;
- Numerate and articulate in handling statistics and interpreting information for communication to all levels within the business
- Results oriented and determined in resolving issues and achieving objectives
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) in the UK
- Competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, and share options
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Regular company socials
- Free healthy snacks and beverages
- Dog friendly office
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Company funding for team events