Head of Customer Care
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B led by IPGL and supported by Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures. This represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
This is absolutely a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
You will be joining the operations team, reporting to the COO and working closely with operations, product and marketing teams to lead our customer care function. With two products in the wild, expansion into new markets all the time and new product ideas that are set to become a reality, there’s an ever expanding customer base. We will look to you and your experience to scale our customer care service across the globe, whilst making sure we deliver world class customer service.
What you’ll do
Steer the ship - you will bring strategic oversight to the customer care function. Leading and motivating our growing in house customer care team in the UK and potentially US, to deliver best in class experiences across the globe, whilst effectively managing our outsourced partners also. You will:
- ensure the experience we deliver across channels (social, email, phone, retail) and geographies is consistently excellent and on brand.
- make sure our customer care continues to work efficiently and productively, continually monitoring the service for efficiencies. Elvie prides itself on being a lean, mean fat burning machine.
- proactively spot patterns in the service being delivered, seeing where we can optimise our processes, tools or product experience, to make our customers happier
- have a holistic view of the whole service, from in-house teams, to retail partners to outsourced teams, overseeing training to delivery.
- close the loop to ensure our regulated post-market surveillance duties are managed effectively, exceeding the minimum compliance requirements in all territories.
Data-driven advocacy - using a metric driven approach to delivering and reporting, you will work across all areas of the business, collaborating to make sure the customer remains at the centre of Elvie. You will
- set, review and provide regular reports on KPIs and highlight/escalate any areas of underperformance. These KPIs should be focussed on our ambition to delight rather than “resolve” issues.
- monitor query volume, type and resolution, and highlight any areas of opportunity or shout about what your team needs to succeed. Your will work closely with the product and marketing teams to make sure our customer experience is cohesive.
- keep abreast of the latest developments within the industry and monitor competitor activity, highlighting areas to keep us ahead of the curve.
Deliver delight - you will ensure we continue to exceed customer expectations, turning issues into positive interactions with the brand. You will:
- ensure that only the best is good enough regarding customer care and deliverables – the SLA is the minimum service level and the team should be coached to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- support and mentor the needs of your team through training, briefing & first-line user coaching for our customer care teams.
- respond to escalated customer care complaints and manage the flow of complaints and queries to relevant teams, ensuring we provide resolutions that are more than acceptable to the customer and meet business needs
- At least 8 years relevant experience managing global customer care teams based in the UK and the US, including customer facing and ideally with a focus on premium consumer products
- Experience of sourcing and managing outsourced customer care solutions
- Experience of working in multi-skilled, cross functional teams to improve customer satisfaction
- An understanding of the challenges faced when offering customer service across different time zones and experience in excelling in this area
- Working knowledge of Customer Service best practices, systems and solution partners
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in women, health and the impact and user requirements of our innovative products
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop your team into the best in class