Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design (including a Red Dot Award) , and in 2017 alone Elvie was recognized as one of the UK’s top 33 start-ups by TechCityUK, named one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following the its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and our playful launch video (featuring cows and a custom soundtrack - go check it out) set the headlines alight!
Here’s a couple of articles about it:
Why you should join us:
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
We plan to have four products on the market by 2020. This is a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
We are looking for a PHP developer with a genuine enthusiasm for software engineering who will contribute as a core member of our Digital Team.
What you will do
- You’ll be developing functionality for product websites, administration systems, our e-commerce capabilities, and integrating with third-party systems
- You will have the chance to work on a variety of innovative projects, using advanced process, tools and techniques
- You will be working in an environment where developing first-class solutions in an enjoyable atmosphere is the goal
Who you are
- You’re a developer with at least 3 years of commercial experience
- You've mastered the basics and are looking to develop your skills further as part of an experienced in-house development team.
- Great communication skills and you love the idea of working in a multi-functional team
- Solid knowledge of PHP (7) and OO programming concepts and patterns
- Strong experience of PHP frameworks (preferably Laravel)
- Basic understanding of HTML5, CSS
- Familiarity with version control systems and workflows (preferably Git)
- Experience in designing and maintaining relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience of test driven development primarily unit testing (preferably PHPUnit)
- The idea of working within a successful startup in a fast-paced role excites you
Other skills you might have
- An eye for user behaviour and design
- Experience of Ruby and/or Python
- Experience of REST and API design
- Comfortable on the cmd line of Unix/Linux boxes
- Experience of NoSQL and time series databases
- Understanding of agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM)
- Experience of working in cross functional teams
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
- Competitive base salary with regular review
- Share options
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Dog friendly office
- The chance to have real world impact
- Regular company socials and readily available snacks