Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B led by IPGL and supported by Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures. This represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Admin Assistant (Part-Time)
We are looking for a part-time Product Admin Assistant to help manage the sign up process for user trials and maintain our growing participant database. The role would suit someone with a keen eye for process and excellent organisation skills.
You will primarily be supporting the user research function that sits within the product team. As a team we run multiple confidential research projects in parallel. It’s essential that both the participant data and the company interests are treated with utmost sensitivity and in line with GDPR (training will be provided). This involves ensuring potential participants are well informed prior to starting an Elvie Research trial and that any intellectual property related to these trials is protected. You will be responsible for maintaining this process and streamlining where necessary.
To ensure there is daily maintenance of the participant database this role would suit someone who is able to work 18 hours per week - days can be flexible to suit your needs out of work, but we will need to have people who can be office based.
Recruitment & Scheduling - help us find and meet women so we can keep them at the centre of everything we do.
- Liaise with the Product Researchers to find the best route to source relevant participants for upcoming user trials
- Advertise relevant research opportunities as and when they arise
- Categorise and pre-screen respondents based on recruitment criteria
- Obtain signatures for controlled documents prior to participants engaging in trials
- Scheduling participants, taking into account timings and location (if conducting off-site interviews)
- Handling incentives after a trial has finished
Database management - we’re in touch with thousands of women and you’ll be keeping all of their details accessible, organised and secure so we can stay on track with our designs.
- Send out sign up forms for participants requesting to be involved in multiple user trial projects
- Ensure that all participant profiles are up to date with contact information, the forms that they have signed and their current availability throughout the sign up process
- Collate all participants into a single master sheet and keep up to date
General management - tame the beast that can be the start-up R&D cycle, it’s a team effort but you will be instrumental in helping us get there.
- Create and manage a filing system for NDAs, Release of Liability and Consent Forms on the central Elvie IT system
- Ad hoc support for wider product team
- Ship/courier prototypes or products to/from participants
What we need from you
- Strong organisational skills
- Process driven
- Experience of administrative tasks and data entry, especially Excel skills (intermediate level or higher)
- Conscientious and dependable
- Ability to work independently but ask questions when necessary
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Some experience in recruiting job candidates or test participants would be beneficial
- Interest in women, health and all things technology
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
What we'll give in return
- Pro-rata 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) in the UK
- Competitive hourly rate
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Regular company socials
- Free snacks and beverages
- Dog friendly office
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Company funding for team events