Senior Social Media Executive (maternity cover) 8-month contract role
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious CES Innovation Award, IDA Design Award and Red Dot Award. As a business, Elvie has been recognized as one of Wired’s ‘hottest start-ups’, named as one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B led by IPGL and supported by Octopus Ventures and Impact Ventures. This represented the largest ever fundraise in femtech. This new round of financing will accelerate Elvie’s research and development efforts, as well as help grow brand awareness and distribution for Elvie Pump and Elvie Trainer across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Why you should join us
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves. Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world. We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
What will you do?
We're looking for a Senior Social Media Executive to join our marketing team here at Elvie on an 8 month maternity cover contract. Reporting to our Global PR and Influencer Manager you will work alongside her and the rest of the marketing team.
Working in the marketing team no day is like the other, there is ample opportunity to participate in many exciting brand campaigns, influencer activities, workshops, events and more. Giving you the opportunity to network with many brands, influencers and experts in the world of femcare, femtech and female health.
You will be responsible for all social media channels as well as Elvie’s blog makingsure our content is thought-provoking, taboo-breaking and ahead of the latest trends and conversations in femtech, female health, motherhood and women’s issues. Having already seen dramatic growth, you will continue to grow Elvie’s communities, striving to keep them engaged and increase the brand’s reach as well as driving more and more users to discover Elvie. In an environment unlike most you’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our goals and explore new opportunities online.
- Community management
- Responsible for monitoring all owned social media channels as well as mum groups and community forums, responding within 24 hrs
- Liaise with Customer Care team and Product team to offer communities up-to-date information and support
- Social Media content production
- Plan content for all owned social media channels including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Working closely with in-house design team and external agencies on owned content
- Align content plans to yearly strategy and wider quarterly
- content plan set out by Social Media Manager
- Work with wider teams to promote commercial campaigns, promotional campaigns, brand campaigns, store launches and product launches
- Liaise with PR and Influencer Manager to help promote events, press coverage, press events and influencer coverage.
- Social media strategy & Reporting
- Responsible for social media KPIs that must be reached by end of 2019
- Monitor and report on progress of social channel growth against KPIs on a weekly and monthly basis, spotting opportunities and reporting back to other team members with actions and insights
- Monitor content performance monthly and feed into content plans for next month
- Work with wider team on activations, topics and social conversations that are helping driving social performance
- Commision SEO and trend-led content for Elvie’s blog liaising with external SEO agency and freelance writers
- Scout opportunities to publish content from notable writers and experts on Elvie’s blog
- Work with Trade Marketing Manager and Marketing Manager forblog content for brand partnerships and retailers
- Liaise with IT team for uploads of all blog content and design team for briefing of all imagery
● Degree educated. Preferred degrees include English Literature, Journalism, marketing or communications
● 3-5 years experience in social media
● Creative skills are of key value in this role, you’ll need an eye for detail, a flair for finding and briefling engaging content, you will need to be Elvie’s brand guardian online, making sure our TOV and aesthetic are always on-brand
● Analytical skills are a must. Good understanding of social media metrics and google analytics required
● Excellent copywriting skills required
● Understanding of Sprout Social desirable. Social community monitoring and crisis management also desirable
● International experience is desirable but not essential. Understanding of US market would be appreciated
● Experience working with influencers, experts, talent and celebrities is essential
● Understanding of ASA codes and regulations, making sure all our content is credible and trustworthy and our partnerships disclosed
● In an ever-changing fast-paced environment you will need to be adaptable, offering solutions to last minute challenges and good at reorganising your priorities and managing expectations
● Working with so many teams and departments here at Elvie people management skills and good communication skills are essential. You will also liaise with many external agencies, brands, influencers and experts so a confident, friendly approach is a must to succeed in this role
- 25 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) in the UK
- Competitive base salary, discretionary bonus
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Regular company socials
- Free snacks and beverages
- Dog friendly office
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Company funding for team events