Global Head of People
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We are committed to building extraordinary products that improve the health and lives of women everywhere and at all stages of life.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. Launched in October 2015 to great acclaim, we took the wellness industry by storm! Our street cred includes more than 12 awards for innovation and design (including a Red Dot Award) , and we’ve been recognized as one of the UK’s top 33 start-ups by TechCityUK, named one of the 15 start-ups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and Alex Asseily of Jawbone, Elvie is a collection of incredibly talented and passionate team members combining research, innovation and data to transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Our team of engineers, creatives, researchers, dreamers and doers are shaping the growing fem-tech industry by creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and lift the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world.
This is absolutely a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. Be ready to learn, have fun and be inspired by our passionate, talented team!
We're on the lookout for ambitious, talented and smart individuals to join our expanding team. Is this you?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
We're looking for a Global Head of People to join our senior management team at Elvie. Reporting to our President of Corporate & Commercial, you will manage a small, but growing team. We’re planning to double our headcount by the end of 2019, so this is fantastic opportunity to grow and develop the business and make a tremendous impact on the future success of the organisation.
You will have the opportunity to own the definition and delivery of our People strategy and roadmap for 2019 and beyond. You will help us continue to be an addictive and loved place to work for existing and future team members and drive team expansion in the UK and internationally.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our goals. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest growing tech startups and shape how we define the next stage of our success.
- Business partner closely with senior team and managers across the business to increase engagement and ensure focus on growth and talent development - work with managers to ensure a fair talent development and reward strategy across teams.
- Act as sounding board to senior leaders to drive People strategy and initiatives, provide counsel, advice and valuable pushback. Be an effective coach to senior leaders.
- Own the workforce plan and ensure requests for additional resource are strategically considered. Drive the plan to identify, track and develop key talent across the business including succession planning to manage risk.
- Work across the business to drive a high-performance culture including managing annual review cycles and designing a pay and promotions cycle to reward high performance.
- Work with managers to upkeep our career growth frameworks and ensure we genuinely support career growth and progression in a fair but accelerated manner.
- On the ground practical, consistent and proactive counsel around talent acquisition, onboarding, development, performance management, policy development, employer branding, immigration, ER and coaching.
Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding
- Design and deliver an effective sourcing strategy for 2019 and beyond.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout Talent Acquisition and ensure delivery of high-quality tech and non-tech hires quickly, with an excellent candidate experience.
- Grow our employer brand through speaking opportunities, blog posts, awards, ongoing iteration of our careers site and more.
- Own the Benefits strategy and continually monitor areas for improvement• Ensure we continually offer a competitive benefits package that allows us to attract and retain the best talent.
HR Infrastructure & Policy
- Provide advice to leadership team relating to Employee Relations issues and legislative issues.
- Evaluate ways we can move towards greater automation – i.e for performance reviews, eNPS surveys, feedback etc.
- Liaise with external ER Legal Counsel as necessary
- Review, refine and update HR policies, ensuring they meet the company’s needs, support the People Strategy and ensure effective communication of all HR policies.
Learning and Development
- Oversee and continually improve our onboarding, induction and probation processes.
- Ensure the business is supported appropriately with Training & Development opportunities, both formal and informal (peer learning, coaching, etc).
- Strong HR, People and Talent experience within a high growth Consumer Products, Technology, or eCommerce business.
- International experience and post graduate HR qualifications (e.g. CIPD) are desirable but not essential
- Experience working with an executive team with the confidence and gravitas to drive the People agenda
- Handling of HR-related investigations such as disciplinaries and grievances, either in a lead role or supporting another person or team;
- Managing morale and staff engagement;
- Facilitating diverse and inclusive work environments;
- You are intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, proactive, and able to take ownership.
- You have the ability to create goals, prioritise, and drive rapid delivery against the goals you define.
- Discreet, high integrity and fair in dealing with all people and situations.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills with a high level of EQ, non-hierarchical and able and willing to add value at all levels within our team.
- Excellent attention to detail and a problem-solving approach to working
- Competitive base salary with regular review
- Share options
- Discretionary bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- Dog friendly office
- Regular company socials and snacks