Technical Project Manager
We are looking for a full-time Technical Project Manager to join our award winning team.
Elvie is a health and lifestyle brand developing smarter technology for women. We combine research and innovation to create extraordinary products that improve women’s lives and, ultimately, transform the way women think and feel about themselves.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, launched in 2015 and is an award-winning Kegel trainer that helps women strengthen the pelvic floor via fun, five-minute workouts. A favourite of celebrities and health professionals alike, Elvie Trainer has been included in the Oscar nominee goody bag and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain.
We recently launched our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent wearable breast pump, which is making it possible for new mothers to pump anytime, anywhere. Elvie Pump received international praise following its unveiling on the catwalk at London Fashion Week and our playful launch video (featuring cows and a custom soundtrack - go check it out) set the headlines alight!
Elvie has received more than 25 awards (including a prestigious Red Dot design award), was named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are all passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboo around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, all while learning a great deal and having fun!
Elvie is growing quickly and we plan to have four products on the market by 2020. This is a great time to join Elvie; you will have a voice, make an impact and have the opportunity to mould your role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Manage projects to timelines and budgets
- Activity and resource planning: work out what needs to be done, by who and when
- Develop the budget: how much? That much.
- Organise the project team: it's an accomplished team, but they still need pointing in the right direction at the right time
- Analyze and manage project risk: take a risk based approach and lead the whole project team, showing how to focus on the high risk elements of the project and as a result deliver the goods
- Surface problems early: things don't always go to plan, but the quicker the problems are identified, the quicker they can be solved
- Find creative solutions, together: get the right team members talking at the right time to help them get to where they need to be
- Monitor progress: know where the project is at any moment
Educating, explaining and supporting
- Provide overviews, or nuanced and detailed analysis of project progress, to both technical and non-technical people to explain outcomes and facilitate decision making
- Guide the project team through the good times and the bad - help establish meaningful milestones and provide motivation when it's needed
- Help the team learn from their successes and their failures with retrospectives
Other skills and experience you might have
- Experience of controlled and dependency based project management methodologies such as PRINCE2
- Experience of agile software development and corresponding methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with tools for different styles of project management: Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, SmartSheet
- You're a technical project manager with at least 5 years of commercial experience
- You've come from a technical background in hardware or software engineering and discovered your ability to manage a project and bring the team along to deliver on time and on budget (or somewhere close!)
- You've been through the time, spec and cost trenches and have emerged wiser and excited to put your newly learned lessons into practice
- You understand how customer requirements fit with company goals and keep both front of mind throughout a project
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You've worked with cross functional teams and understand the benefit of truly coordinated activities
- You have experience dealing with all the stakeholders on a project from the in-house teams - engineering, finance, sales, operations - to external contractors and senior management.
- You have excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical with the ability to write reports, present, and discuss results
- You know your project management craft and can support it with judicious use of the right tools and processes to fit the project
- You're an initiator. Rather than tell people what to do, you draw attention to actions that must be taken for the project goals to be met
- The idea of working within a successful startup in a fast-paced role excites you
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
- Competitive base salary plus bonus
- Early stage share options in a rapidly growing business
- Work with an experienced, dedicated and passionate team that share the same values and love what they do
- 25 days annual leave plus all annual holidays in the UK
- Flexible working hours - our culture is built on trust and autonomy
- The chance to develop products with real world impact
- Career progression and regular performance reviews
- Employee referral program
- Part time opportunities & childcare vouchers
- Regular company socials
- MacBook Pro
- As much tea and coffee as you can consume